Extended closure plan
- March 16 - 20, 2020
- March 23 - 27 Spring Break
- March 30 - April 3, 2020
Access and delivery of instruction
1. Monday and Tuesday, March 16 & 17, are teacher planning and records days. Teachers are encouraged to NOT be at school, but may visit the buildings for short times to complete their work.
2. Completion of instructional packets and activities will not begin for students until Wednesday, March 18. Teachers will be available daily via email to address questions or concerns from families, administration and students during the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. C-TEC students will receive separate direction from the Career Tech School.
3. Students will be provided online access to required textbooks (if needed) by their teacher. Below is a chart with grade level specific resources.
4. All teachers have access to Google Classroom. This allows tracking of assignments, communication among teachers and students/parents and time-stamped due dates.
5. In the event a student is unable to access the internet, the student will not be penalized for missed assignments and will be afforded reasonable time to make up work upon return to school.
6. Students who do not have access to technology will be provided paper copies of all assignments to be completed. These will be available in buildings on Tuesday, March 17 during the hours of 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Contact your building administrator with additional questions.
1. All IEP and 504 Plan modifications and accommodations will be provided to students through assignments posted on Google Classroom or hard copies will be given to students.
2. Teachers will continue to provide modified coursework or accommodations, testing, and materials to all students who qualify for these services.
3. Students requiring extended time for assignments will be given extended-time based on the school day schedule.
4. Intervention specialists, and service providers (Speech Lang. Pathologist, OT, PT, etc.) will communicate with each parent at least one time per week and document parent feedback regarding students. Intervention Specialists and service providers will be available during the hours of 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
1. Collection and assessment of materials will vary by grade level. All teachers have access to Google Classroom and will be able to track assignments and communicate with students and parents.
2. All assignments are expected to be completed upon return to school on April 6.
3. Questions about individual classes and graded assignments should be directed to your child’s teacher.
4. ProgressBook will still be accessible during this time.
1. School Counselors will be available to provide resources for families with specific needs, including 504 Plans.
2. Intervention Specialists, Teachers of English Language Learners (ELL) and School Counselors will be available to respond to their students to ensure student accommodations are being met in collaboration with general education teachers.
3. High School Counselors will continue to monitor seniors and work with families to facilitate the completion of graduation requirements.
4. Counselors will also assist in facilitating communication with outside academic partners (Columbus State, OSU, Advanced Placement classes, etc.).
Core instruction through April 3, 2020
1. Parents if you have questions about an assignment, please contact your child’s teacher via email.